Posted to alt.home.repair
avid_hiker avid_hiker is offline

Default Grounding--ground wire

On Feb 23, 9:32 am, "Steve Barker"
wrote:
You know it's funny. On paper that may be true, and I've always heard that
statement. BUT I've never heard of someone being killed by a 12 volt
battery, and when you do hear about someone being killed by electricity,
it's always some higher voltage.

--
Steve Barker

"avid_hiker" wrote in message

ups.com...

Don't be silly.

A few volts will not harm you. It doesn't matter whether the wires are
carrying no current or are carrying many amps.

This is incorrect!! It is the amount of amps that kills you........not
volts!!- Hide quoted text -

DC vs. AC current - Alternating current ( 60hz), if passing through
your heart, will basically make your heart ( depending on the amount
of current) beat at 60 beats/second or 3600 times a minute, therefore
fibrillating your heart. The more current the more dangerous to one
self. A lowvoltage ( 12vdc) line can not possibly produce as much
current as a 120vac or dc line...... E ( voltage )= I (current) times
R ( resistance ). Your body, depending on where this current is
passing through, has a certain amount of resistance. A DC line,
referring to current passing through your heart, will still kill
you...........dont get me wrong.........which wont fibrillate your
heart, but will completely stop your heart from beating if enough
current is present.( Note -that your heart beats by electrical
signals.)

But yes.......your correct in a way.........that the more voltage is
more dangerous........but using the formula.........the more voltage-
the more current :-)

Dean