Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default I finally have a gloat!!!

Fri, Feb 23, 2007, 9:51am (HotRdd) doth mutter:
AMEN - I always wondered why people feel the need to correct your
grammar, when they know exactly what you were trying to say. snip

Most of the time it's not the grammer. Too much of the time I
"don't" know "exactly" what someone is trying to say, because they don't
know how to say it.

Have you never had a boss give you instructions on something they
wanted done; then after you've spent perhaps days working, been told
that's not what was wanted? You get told, "I know that's what I said,
but that's not what I meant". All because you knew "exactly" what was
wanted.

I've had bosses like that, and learned early on to ask something
like, "It this what you mean?". Sometimes it takes 3-4 times before it
becomes clear what they want. Even then, sometimes they'll still come
back later and give you the old, "I know that's what I said, but that's
not what I meant".
..

JOAT
When in doubt, go to sleep.