Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] whatever@whomever.com is offline

Default Ceramic tile over linoleum

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 07:53:43 -0600, "Just Joe" not given @bogus.com
wrote:

My House is a one story house built on a concrete slab. I have Linoleum or
Vinyl floor in my kitchen and baths and want to go with Ceramic tile. I have
had multiple people tell me they would just put it down over the linoleum
that I do not need to try to take the linoleum up but this just seems wrong
to me. The linoleum does appear to be stuck to the concrete good and I would
think getting it up would be a royal pain in the butt but this just seems
bad to me. Has anyone here had any experience with putting Ceramic tile over
linoleum? Is doing this OK?

Thanks
Joe

Absolutely Joe !

Make sure all debris is cleaned off before you start and ensure you
seal the grout asap.

I've done this a few times over the years.

Regards
Dale