Posted to alt.home.repair

Default larger grill tank?

"higgledy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I saw these 100lbs propane tanks at Costco, I'd love get one hooked up
to my grill then get regular service from my gas company. Is it
within code for a plumber to connect a 100lbs tank to my grill?

Sort of.

The grill must be made permanent by removing the wheels and lagging it down
to something, like the deck or patio. Then it has to be piped properly.
The tank must also be supported and cannot be confined, under a window, and
some other code issues. Once in place, you have to find a dealer that will
fill it. Some will not fill your tank, others will, so make a phone call
first.

Since you mention "your gas company" do you have propane now? If so, they
can hook the grill up to the existing tanks.