Posted to alt.home.repair
Just Joe Just Joe is offline

Default Ceramic tile over linoleum

My House is a one story house built on a concrete slab. I have Linoleum or
Vinyl floor in my kitchen and baths and want to go with Ceramic tile. I have
had multiple people tell me they would just put it down over the linoleum
that I do not need to try to take the linoleum up but this just seems wrong
to me. The linoleum does appear to be stuck to the concrete good and I would
think getting it up would be a royal pain in the butt but this just seems
bad to me. Has anyone here had any experience with putting Ceramic tile over
linoleum? Is doing this OK?

Thanks
Joe