IMM

Default Air Admittance Valve - advice

"Harv" wrote in message

Not at all. Hepworth won an award about 5 years ago for the best
innovation.

Got hold of one last night - looks a very handy piece of kit, need to get
the elbow fitting to see if I can get it to fit to the existing wastes,
can't really make a new hole through the wall, as tiling would be ruined.

You can have a spigot from the basin through the wall and have the HepVo in
another "accessible" position. I have seen downstairs toilet have the HepVo
in the garage. easy to get at and if cleaning al the mess in the garage.

Will see how things work with just one.

Should be fine.

The fool will know it when it happens.
Any decent plumber would see it is
a HepVo and investigate why it is there.

With HepVo all over the house no venting stack at all is required. Very
handy in many situations, and many eco homes use these, so as no to
penetrate the highly insulated outer skin of the building which causes a
large thermal bridge.

In place of an AAV?

Yes.

---