Posted to rec.woodworking
TH TH is offline

Default JDS Cyclones anyone?

Saratoga Springs.

In looking at the magazine review on the Oneida website I have never seen
fan curves as flat as those from the JDS 3Hp unit.

The JDS website really doesn't have any data that helps in the decision.
Amazon has a couple of customer reviews of the JDS units.

I still am undecided.

"Toller" wrote in message
We are going though exactly the same issues. I am undecided between the
portable Oneida, the 3hp JDS and the 2hp JDS.

Reading though the assembly instructions, it is a real cyclone; but it is
a little tiny cyclone. As such the suction is 2/3rds that of the 2hp
Gorilla and the separation probably isn't as good either. I expect the
filters will clog up much faster than on a big cyclone. Oh for just a
couple extra inches of ceiling height!

Woodcraft in Rochester is having a 10% off sale next week. I am leaning
to getting a 3hp JDS then. It is probably overkill, but that is better
than regretting I didn't get a big enough unit.
Where are you located?

"TH" wrote in message
ink.net...
I am trying to decide between the two units - Oneida and the JDS. Both of
the units are either too new or too rare to develop any likes or dislikes
from users. I looked into the Small Clearvue and wasn't sold on it.

I am still trying to figure out if the Oneida is actually a single stage
collector with a cone shaped chute to the collection bins or a cyclone.