Spehro Pefhany

Default Dave Munroe ripped me off!!

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:29:19 -0500, the renowned Peter R
wrote:

A good friend of mine in Toronto produces commercial videos and he got
stiffed by a large company in Florida. He called and called etc. but
nothing, they would pay. Eventually, he got the idea to contact Canada
Customs and report the problem to the border customs officials, who
entered the complaint in their database. The next time the company
shipped goods to Canada (that shipment had nothing to do with my friend)
they were held up at the border directly as a result of my friend's
complaint. When the company got desperate enough to clear the shipment
they were advised "why" their goods were being held. Miraculously, they
discovered their payment oversight and my friend received his overdue
payment in full by Fedex... He then contacted Canada customs and
eventually the shipment was released.

Hmm.. any ideas on what to do about being stiffed by a big US
publishing company? It's only $100 US.. but.. they sent me a check
that had payment stopped (they originally sent my payment to some dude
in India, and vice-versa, then asked that I return it, which I did,
then sent me the bad check!). They don't seem to care. You'd think a
company like Penton could do better. They certainly had no problem
taking *my* checks competently when I was paying them $thousands for
advertising. I've called a bunch of times, and sent the bad check back
(probably a mistake), nothing.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany