Peter R

Default Dave Munroe ripped me off!!

James,

Just a suggestion, that I heard worked brilliantly the other way that
you might consider:

A good friend of mine in Toronto produces commercial videos and he got
stiffed by a large company in Florida. He called and called etc. but
nothing, they would pay. Eventually, he got the idea to contact Canada
Customs and report the problem to the border customs officials, who
entered the complaint in their database. The next time the company
shipped goods to Canada (that shipment had nothing to do with my friend)
they were held up at the border directly as a result of my friend's
complaint. When the company got desperate enough to clear the shipment
they were advised "why" their goods were being held. Miraculously, they
discovered their payment oversight and my friend received his overdue
payment in full by Fedex... He then contacted Canada customs and
eventually the shipment was released.

If you report same to US customs/immigration, this guy may get mega
hassled the next time he tries to enter the U.S.

Maybe just the threat of this action might persuade him to get his act
together. I would suggest you send him a letter by registered mail
warning him of the action you are going to take if you don't receive
what you've paid for within say 14 days.

But if you have to follow through with you action, make very sure you
have good documentation for your payment and all your attempts to
contact him.

Good luck from a Canadian who does keep his promises.

Cheers, Peter

JTMcC wrote:
"James Watt" wrote in message

If I lived near there I'd go kick his butt for you. I'm from Canada,
shop online a fair bit and can't stand this crap. Did you pay via
credit card (Paypal) or such thing? If so, they will track him down
and get your money back.

Good luck.
James

Several Canadians seem to be apologetic that this guy belongs to them,
that's not right. We have plenty of American scum, as does every other
country. Don't apologize just because he comes from Canada, after all, we
have Michaeal Jackson and the likeg.
I will make a note tho, that you are willing to kick butt for us if
necessary, thanks!

JTMcC.

On 21 Feb 2004 12:02:26 -0800, (Regis) wrote:

A guy named Dave Munroe of Hiawatha, Canada ripped me off. He
advertised a 7 x 10 lathe on this news group for $175. I sent the
money almost 4 weeks ago and the lathe has never showed up. He claims
to be from Hiawatha, Ontario, Canada. He won't return my emails or my
calls. BEWARE OF THIS GUY! Scum like him screw home machinist out of
their hard earned money. If anyone know this guy please drop me an
e-mail. I have his phone numbers and I am tempted to publish them
here soon.
Regis