Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default For anyone who thinks home wind turbines are a good idea

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:23:30 +0000, Dwayne & Angela wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1398220.ece

He spent £13000 for a windturbine that only give 9 pence worth of leccy a
week????
surely the B&Q ones do better than that?

What amazes me is not those figures but the victim was (claims to be) an
Engineer. It would be a lamentable but plausible fact if a general member
of the public was conned (by the marketing, innumerate prose, band wagons
etc.). It says a lot uncomplimentary things about the victim that
was sold this toy who could not evaluate the suitablility of equipment
costing £13k.

To those who say "the device will pay for it's energy of manufacture
and installation", I have no disagreement in principle. It's just what
damage the £10k+ profit shared out along the way will do the environment,
how many foreign holidays, 4X4s, garden jacussis and patio heaters will
that pay for?