Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

Default Odd 7-segment display

In article .net,
John E. wrote:
So, since this uses the MC14511 driver, which was designed for LED
7-segment displays, all I have to do is provide resistors to each
element and rewire for a common-cathode LED display, right?

Most drivers for LED displays (CA3161 etc) have the resistors built in for
direct connection. But you should check the data sheet for your particular
one.

--
*Forget the Joneses, I keep us up with the Simpsons.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.