Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default screwdriver bit recommendations?

patrick mitchel wrote:
So what's the consensus on power screwdriver bits....go with the cheap, the
bit more pricey or the exotic (diamond coated) for the average homeowner.
Dunno the pedigree of the couple I picked up from the closeout box at a
local hardware store but was surprised that after driving mebbe 50 1 1/2"
drywall screws in ply that the bits were toast- yeah, the bits were the
common #2 bits. Looking at the typical domestic US big box retailers- so
that would make it dewalt, hilti, makita, vermont american- type makers.
Just curious. Pat

If you don;t want to use square drive then buy the better Phillips bits.
I get the best performance out of the "anti-cam out" bits. Little more
expensive but provides a dividend for the price.