Posted to alt.home.repair
jackson jackson is offline

Default replacing washing machine hoses

"Joseph Meehan" made the astonishing revealation that:

Toller wrote:
A neighbor woke up to an inch of water on their first floor from a
burst washing machine hose. Got me to worrying.

I replaced mine with braided steel hoses; even splurged and got the
ones that shut off in case of a leak.

I know the rubber ones are supposed to be replace every 5 years, or
something like that; do the steel ones every have to be routinely
replace? Nothing on the package about it.

Yea the steel ones are just rubber inside. They are likely good for
some time longer like maybe 10 years. Even some of the non-steel ones are
looking good today.

I like the shutoffs that keep the water off except for a given time
after the button is pressed giving you enough time for a load of
laundry. --
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

I've never seen those, if you could post a product name or link I would be
most appreciative, and perhaps others as well. TIA.