Posted to alt.home.repair

Default replacing washing machine hoses

"jackson" wrote in message
. ..
/snip

I just know what I find in packages. Worse, what you find packaged under
certain brand today will probably be different next month or next year,
depending on which factory is chosen to make the stuff.

Now that is indeed true, and one of the problems with product consistency,
especially with any 'store' branded products!

Right. I have 3 packages of theoretically identical wood screws from Home
Depot. Same package size, same UPC code, but purchased over a two year
period. There's a clear difference in the quality between the 3 packages.

Contrast: When I need stainless steel hardware that's really mint, I go to
West Marine and pay a hefty premium. No packaging, so I have idea where the
stuff comes from. But, it's consistent from one visit to the next, and it's
well made.