Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default replacing washing machine hoses

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
OK. There are 1825 days in 5 years. $22 / 1825 days = $0.0120547 per day.
That tells me they should be replaced every five years. Or, if they're going
to fail sooner, try and replace them the day before that happens.

Seriously...how can anyone answer this question? The crap's made in China,
right?

I don't know. I got a good 15 years out of my last set of washing machine hoses
and they were made of rubber. I replaced them as the OP did about a year ago
with stainless steel ones from Lowes. The old ones never failed... I just
started to get nervous after reading a thread similar to this one.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com