Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default replacing washing machine hoses

On Feb 20, 4:07 pm, "Toller" wrote:
A neighbor woke up to an inch of water on their first floor from a burst
washing machine hose. Got me to worrying.

I replaced mine with braided steel hoses; even splurged and got the ones
that shut off in case of a leak.

I know the rubber ones are supposed to be replace every 5 years, or
something like that; do the steel ones every have to be routinely replace?
Nothing on the package about it.

The PO of my house shut off the water to the washer whenever it was
not in use; he was very proud of the fact that it still had the same
rubber hoses that were there when he moved in 18 years earlier.

I replaced them anyway; but perhaps there's something to his method.

nate