Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
dg dg is offline

Default Designated parking spaces at superstore

On 20 Feb, 19:51, "nightjar" nightjar@insert my surname
here.uk.com wrote:
"dg" wrote in message

oups.com...

I found a refreshing use of designated parking spaces at a new Wickes
near me.

Instead of disabled and 'mother and baby' spaces near the doors, the
bays were actually marked up with icons of vans, and are designated
for van parking.

So I wonder, if i see a car parked there, and I have to park my van
amongst the 'normal' cars, can I go up to the car driver and give them
a dirty condescending look, or have a rant at them, and feel perfectly
justified?

Well done Wickes.

Now all they have to do is stock the products I want, which they never seem
to have when I go in looking for things I would expect to find, like the
right size of wood screw last week.

Colin Bignell

The one I went to was a new "extra" store and its more for the basics
of building/DIY rather than the pretty little shelf fillers for the
numpty weekend wonders. Massive, well stocked and well thought out.
But I agree that the range is relatively limited - but not to worry,
there is a Screwfix counter not far away.

Generally everything was as cheap or cheaper than many trade on
merchants I use.

But my best find, is that if you have a Paslode nail gun (first fix)
this store sells Hitachi nails for this, and they are HALF the price
of equivalent Paslode nails - not including the gas though, but still
dead cheap.

dg