Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop` Pop` is offline

Default Electric drill question

wrote:
On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 16:53:50 -0800, CptDondo
wrote:

Charles Schuler wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
I have two Porter Cable electric drills. One uses a 14 volt
rechargeable battery and the other a 12 volt. The 12 volt battery
appears to work on the 14 volt drill quite well. The question is
- if I were to use it in place the 14 would it damage the
battery? The 14 is about shot.

Should be fine ... you already tried it. There will be a bit less
torque and power.

And more current. Thus more heat, both for the battery and the drill
motor. Might shorten life of both.

When will this insanity stop? In a DC motor less voltage means less
current, not more. ... by the square of the difference.

Thanks; some of the lunacy I see here today is disturbing.

Pop`