Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default screwdriver bit recommendations?

On Feb 20, 8:21 am, "patrick mitchel" wrote:
So what's the consensus on power screwdriver bits....go with the cheap, the
bit more pricey or the exotic (diamond coated) for the average homeowner.
Dunno the pedigree of the couple I picked up from the closeout box at a
local hardware store but was surprised that after driving mebbe 50 1 1/2"
drywall screws in ply that the bits were toast- yeah, the bits were the
common #2 bits. Looking at the typical domestic US big box retailers- so
that would make it dewalt, hilti, makita, vermont american- type makers.
Just curious. Pat

Some are better and more durable than others. I don't try to tell the
difference just be sure to have extras. Square drive bits and screws
are better than the ordinary philips head but are more expensive. I
always go with phillips head for that reason. If you use an impact
driver rather than a drill/driver your tips will slip less and maybe
last longer. I have snapped the cheap ones with my 12v panasonic
impact driver.