Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default water heater: removing anode rod

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:15:03 -0700, "Bob M." wrote:

"George" wrote in message
.. .
Just for completeness:

As noted, after much effort, I did get the rod out. Next time, I'll get
an impact wrench. I put a new (aluminum) rod in. I flushed the tank
several times, including 2x with vinegar. One thing I found is that it
flushes much more 'powerfully' if I remove the draincock.

No need for an impact wrench if you wrapped the threads with Teflon tape. It
still provides protection, can check continuity with a meter if you like.

Yeah, I did that. The impact wrench is for the next water heater,
whenever that might be.