Posted to alt.home.repair
Shinola Shinola is offline

Default Using my burglar alarm

Jethro inspired greatness with:

I am wondering....

I have a long unused 'Vector' burglar alarm system consisting of a
non-working console panel which used to be connected to 'Vector via
phone line, All the door and window sensors are still in place.

Can I buy a replacement console that will work with my sensors, and
use the alarm with some sort of horn I would mount on the house?

Or should I even consider such a thing?

You may be able to use the current control if you can access dealer
level programming. You need to provide the brand of the panel, Vector
is a monitoring company - not a manufacturer. Manufactures will often
privately brand control panels, and sometimes the programming is
proprietary. Either way, you'll be able to use the wireless devices
with a panel swap. State the panel and I'll get you a manual for it.

A more useful group for this question is alt.security.alarms, but mind
you they are not DIY friendly if you are asking for hand holding.