Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
James Bond 007 James Bond 007 is offline

Default They did it again!

Sorry about spelling error. People are "lazy", not "laze".

"James Bond 007" wrote in message news:...

"Rick Brandt" wrote in message et...
The reason dollar coins are not popular is because COINS are not popular. We
put up with the others because we have to and the majority of us carry them
precisely as long as it takes to dump them in a big container at the house.

Dollar coins (of any shape and size) will catch on 100% the moment they stop
printing paper dollars.

Rick, that is not entirely true. Dollar coins would be popular if vending machines took them. They don't. Vending machines have been modified to take dollar bills, not dollar coins. If the machines would have been modified to take the coins, the dollar coins would likely have become more popular. Maybe not mainstream, but more popular. At least useful enough for people to carry around to use in vending machines at work or in public places like malls, airports, or whatever.

Coins are popular for saving because it's easy to do. We dump them in jars at home and then roll them up because it's an easy way to save. We then take the rolls to the bank and deposit them into our savings accounts. The dumb ones that are too laze to count them and roll them up themselves take them to those machines that count them up for them and give them a receipt. They "pay" for that service by not getting full value for their coins.

I think that eventually, pennies will likely be taken out of circulation altogether. It almost costs more than a penny to make a penny (if it doesn't already). Might as well just round things to the nearest nickel and forget about pennies.