Posted to alt.home.repair
Jethro Jethro is offline

Default Using my burglar alarm

On 19 Feb 2007 05:29:39 -0800, "Mikepier"
wrote:

On Feb 19, 6:07 am, Jethro wrote:
I am wondering....

I have a long unused 'Vector' burglar alarm system consisting of a
non-working console panel which used to be connected to 'Vector via
phone line, All the door and window sensors are still in place.

Can I buy a replacement console that will work with my sensors, and
use the alarm with some sort of horn I would mount on the house?

Or should I even consider such a thing?

Thanks

Jethro

In all likelyhood, the wiring and sensors should all still be good.
You can buy a relacement alarm panel and just rewire all the zones
into that panel.

I should have said -

My system is entirely remote - that is, there is no hard-wiring from
sensors to defunct control panel.

What now?

Jethro