Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng PaPaPeng is offline

Default Garage Floor Drain Problem

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 22:09:21 -0600, d_g_peterson
wrote:

Was honestly hoping somebody would confirm that the idea of power
grinding was not unheard of, since this was recommended by a large
supply house/rental center that caters to the concrete contractor
trade. If I have to live the problem, so be it.

At my last place of work there was a large concrete pad used for
storing blowout preventers for oil rigs. They're real heavy stuff.
So the pad sank into the ground over time. To expand the facility and
build a factory sized shed over it they had to raise the pad to grade
level again. This was done by grouting. A heavy duty truck drilled
holes to get under the pad then injected concrete (or maybe something
else) until the pad was grade level again. There must have been a
drain trough leading into a drainhole in the middle of the pad
somewhere because servicing those blowout preventers involved steam
cleaning, sand balsting and pressure washing. Anyway look under
oilfield servicing groups to find if there is a concrete grouting
service company to do the type of work you need.