The Natural Philosopher

Default Internal room ventilation

john wrote:

I am creating a new utility room in my basement which uses three existing
walls and will add a new stud partition (with door) to create the fourth
wall. The room is internal to the house & doesn`t have any outside walls or
windows.
Do I need to have a permanent means of ventilation to the room (i.e
extractor fan) & would it need to be on all the time?
I only intend to have a washing machine & sink in the room if that helps.

John

The regulations would suggest an extractor fan to the outside, and a
10mm gap under the door, or a ventilation panel in it.

AND a smoke alarm in the room and/or access to it.