Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Joining stair runner to fitted carpet

Lurch wrote:
On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 15:28:10 +0000, Andy Kirkland
mused:

Hi,

We are currently refurbishing a cottage and are getting close to
completing upstairs and are at the stage of choosing carpets etc.

We want a fitted carpet upstairs - it is *just* possible to have a
single piece of carpet for the entire upstairs - 3 rooms + landing (it's
not a massive house!) so we would have a joinless carpet throughout.

If you get a decent carpet fitter then you can get them to join a
carpet almost invisibly (carpet fitters I know of have joined carpets
of a light colour and the join is invisible unless you really look
closely\know where it is)

definitely a g-s-i job