Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Kirkland Andy Kirkland is offline

Default Joining stair runner to fitted carpet

Hi,

We are currently refurbishing a cottage and are getting close to
completing upstairs and are at the stage of choosing carpets etc.

We want a fitted carpet upstairs - it is *just* possible to have a
single piece of carpet for the entire upstairs - 3 rooms + landing (it's
not a massive house!) so we would have a joinless carpet throughout.
But, for the stairs we are considering a runner/stair rods. Question is,
has anyone done this successfully and if so how do you do the join
between the runner and the fitted landing carpet?

Does the landing carpet run over the "nose" of the top step and then the
runner begins?

Does the runner continue up into the landing by a few inches with a
threshold strip?

If anyone's done this would appreciate knowing how it's done and if they
have any photos of the finished product.

Thanks,

Andy