Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael B Michael B is offline

Default Any such thing as in-place pipe dope?

This might be a good time to mention my fondness
for J.B.Weld, but it would mean some really good
surface prep, and having the line shut down for at
least 24 hours

On Feb 17, 4:27 pm, Speedy Jim wrote:
wrote:
I had some bumbleheads doing some remodeling work awhile back, and
recently I smelled propane near an exterior, above-ground run of black
pipe they installed. Tested with soapy water, and sure enough one of
the joints at an elbow is leaking. Getting this run apart so that I
can get to the elbow joint will be a hassle. Is there any way to
repair this without disassembly? Perhaps a liquid pipe dope that I
could brush on, and would seep in well enough to seal the pinhole
leak?

Thanks,

Kelly

Loctite. Bleed off pressure first.

disclaimer: you know this isn't the "proper" method :-)

(Wonder what else they did??)