Posted to alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default Finding the right wire, will a GB detector help?

mm wrote:

BTW, FTR I understand why I didn't label the phone wire. There was
only one wire at the time. But I should have started labeling when
there were more. Now it is hard to run a new wire from the basement
to the attic because I also failed to leave the "traveler" would you
call it, in place, a string or wire twice as long so I can tie a wire
at one end and then pull it up to the attic from that end. There is
still room in the hole, and I could drop a thin long weight through
the hole, maybe, except I think fiberglass has fallen down there and
will keep anything not stiff from getting through.

You could attach 2 strings (wires, ...) to one of the exsisting signal
wires, pull the strings up to the attic, and pull the signal wire back
down using one of the strings. The "traveler" string could be taped to
the signal wire as it goes up into the wall so less of the signal wire
has to be pulled up.

--
bud--