Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Mike R. Courteau Mike R. Courteau is offline

Default Vacuum chucking on a DVR

Hi Ralph,
I don't want to use a vacuum cleaner. They are too noisy. I already
have a pump and fittings so I just want to use those. Gerald says he
has done this successfully so that's the way I'll go.

Hi Bill,
I was in the process of building a system for my old lathe which is
now sold. I've gone through your site before and found it very
helpfull. I'll be checking it out again to make sure I get things
right.

Gerald,
That's exactly what I did for my Craftsman. I also like to slide my
tools down there for convenience at times. The DVR seems to have even
less clearance than the Craftsman so I'll be jacking it up some for
sure. I'm taking my time (somewhat) to build a proper bench that will
be stable, useable, and will not twist the bed of the lathe. My
Craftsman was my first big lathe on which I experimented, if you will,
with bench height, etc. My DVR is the "good" lathe that will hopefully
benefit from what I've learned on the Craftsman.

I think I've got all the information I needed. Thanks to all of you
for your help.