Posted to alt.home.repair
Phil Yarbrough Phil Yarbrough is offline

Default new gas furnace recommendations needed

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 16, 1:34?pm, "badgolferman"
wrote:
My 17-year-old Carrier furnace has a cracked heat exchanger. I have
received three different quotes that I would like advice on please.

My house:
built in 1989, under 1700 sq. ft., rancher on slab, vaulted ceiling in
great room with two skylights, three bedrooms, 75,000 btu gas furnace
in attic

quotes:
- Amana AMS8 70,000 btu 80%, warranty 20, 5, 2 $3349 (the guy who came
on the service call)
- Lennox G40 70,000 btu 80%, replacement 2.5 ton evaporator coil, same
warranty, $3300
- York Choice or Trane XB, 20,5,1 warranty, $2400 or with replacement 3
ton coil $3500

I plan on being in this house another 1-2 years.

The cost difference between a 80 + and a 90+ furnace will reward you
at resale since energy costs ALWAYS go up.

Are you CERTAIN the heat exchanger is cracked? This is a typical scam
statement by some HVAC companies

And you know this How? It's idiots like you that we read about in the news,
because they didn't have their furnace checked.