Shiver Me Timbers

Default Real Estate Crash coming soon ??

Glenn Ashmore wrote:

You got a point. I am seriously considering outsourcing myself to Costa
Rica. :-)

And you too have a point Glenn.

Where in the US do YOU live.

North East South or West.

Physically - How long would it take you to commute to Costa Rica on
any given day or week.

They seem to be much more stable than say Haiti so what would the
Government of Costa Rica do if you showed up with money in your
pocket wanting to set up shop or a second shop.

OUR government up here in Canada would welcome you with open arms.

But that wouldn't be a smart move on your part.

Last nite on our national news they showed a farmer from Western Canada
with snow still on the ground.

He had just come back from Brazil with photos in hand of huge tracts of
land available at reasonable costs. Where a Canadian farmer normally
requires about 25 years to pay off a farm debt in Canada..... In Brazil
it takes about 2 years....... BIG DIFFERENCE.

One aerial shot of a Brazilian farm showed about twenty tractors in
a V shaped formation harvesting a crop with about ten tractors behind
them planting the next crop.

That's a sight you would never see in Canada and I highly doubt you
would see it in the US no matter how big the farm operation was.

Now what would the government of China, Mexico, India, Pakistan say if
you offered to buy a house, land to set up a shop, set up a modern
shop, and treat the employees a bit more decently than they are treated
at present.

Would they welcome you with open arms or would they say no thanks we do
not want your investment or physical presence in our country.

You already know the answer to that.

It's being played out every day by the big boys like Microsoft, IBM,
etc.

So what's stopping a small player like MOM & POP from taking
a crack at it.

Out of curiousity why don't YOU contact the Costa Rican embassy in
Washington and ask about investment opportunites in their country.

Who Knows..... In six months you might be posting messages to this
group from Costa Rica and be making your anchors for a fraction of what
it cost you right now.

I do know that if I was a Canadian farmer looking at the bleak future
that many of OUR farmers are looking at..... And I had just come back
from Brazil........ I would be looking at myself and my kid's future
and seriously considering setting up a second farm in that country.

And I think that's the way the Global economy is goint to play out over
the next number of years where those with the ability to make capital
investments in countries like Brazil, Costa Rica, and China, etc., are
going to do so.

After all isn't that what many of our fore fathers did when the came to
the US and Canada over the past hundred or hundreds of years.