Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill in Detroit Bill in Detroit is offline

Default Lathe applied finish

Brad wrote:
Many Pen turners including myself are using CA glue as a finish for
pens. It stands up much better than wax based finishes for items that
see considerable handling. If you want to learn more check out the
library area of the IAP:
www.penturners.org/
Another good resource is the Yahoo penturners group. Both have
articles on different CA finishes.
Brad
HardingPens.com

I use CA over BLO (no need to wait for it to dry, just soak, wipe,
polish and CA, then polish at high speed to 12000) and carnauba wax over
that. Shines like fine crystal and the finish on the barrel will outlast
(for me, anyways) the finish on the metal parts.

YMMV but that is what seems to work best for me.

Bill

rascal less in the world.
Thomas Carlyle (1795 - 1881)
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000714-2, 02/16/2007
Tested on: 2/16/2007 11:38:11 PM