Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Young Don Young is offline

Default Lukewarm water from water heater

"Pattycake" wrote in message
. ..
I have a 4 year old natural gas 30 gallon Rheem water heater. Since last
week, we have had 90-110 degree water at night (which is really the only
time we use it). The tap water is coming in at 45 degrees. I live in a hard
water area.

I live in the mountains and I am wondering since it has warmed up here
that maybe our water supply is coming from some snow runoff and that could
be the culprit?

I have maxed out the thermostat. Time for a new water heater? What do I
need to check before I go spend $600+ for a new water heater installation?

Another possibility is a leak in the hot water line somewhere. Check if the
heater outlet pipe stays warm for more than about 3 feet from the heater
when no hot water is being used.

Don Young