Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
robo hippy robo hippy is offline

Default Feed-n-wax food safe???

On Feb 16, 12:21 pm, "massmans" wrote:
I saw this product at Home Depot. Since it is beeswax, carnuba wax
and orange oil I wondered if it would be food safe. With the orange
oil, it does have a very nice smell. I know that any finish is food
safe after it cures, but wanted your thoughts.

I have used a combo of mineral oil and beeswax in the past, which I
know is foodsafe but it gets gummy over time.

Just looking for your thoughts on this product.

http://www.howardproducts.com/feednwax.htm

Thanks,
Steve Massman

I would think so. I looked up their site and since that wasn't covered
under questions, I sent them an e-mail asking. Will let you know.

As far as other solvent based finihsed, they are fine once the
solvents have evaporated out and the finish is cured, usually taking
from a day or 2 to a couple of weeks.
robo hippy