Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] bobtNOjanitorSpam@gmail.com is offline

Default I can't believe what I heard today...

On Feb 15, 12:08 pm, "mrmjr" wrote:
I ran into a guy today at Wal-Mart in the tool section that told me
about his friend that had been hospitalized from either a bacterial
infection or a viral infection he got from using some old lumber in
the back of his shed. I'm still a novice, but Wow! This seems a bit
far fetched. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this before?

Not far feched at all if it wasn't the wood, but what was on it

one possiblity is Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hanta/hps/

Idaho had an outbreak about 15 years ago, the people who got sick
where cleaning out a shed and an other one was cleaing out a basement
if the boards have been sitting in a shed, the mice come in and poop
and pee and there you go