Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default OK, I get it

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:46:22 -0500, John Popelish wrote:
John E. wrote:
I would do happier with you if you stopped changing thread
titles.

Sorry, I didn't know this caused a break in thread. My reader simply inserts
the re-titled post in the same thread, just with another title. I should have
realized that not all reader apps behave the same.

Sincere apologies. Will avoid temptation in future.

I appreciate it. It is not so much a problem with broken
threads, for me, as much as it is that I remember the thread
title of threads I have been reading. When you change the
thread title, I have to go back and review earlier messages
to remember what subject we are talking about.

I've been known to do that on occasion, but when I do I always put
new subject WAS: old subject - it might not help with threading,
(my reader also threads messages based on the thread rather than
the title), but at least you'd know what the previous parts were
about.

Cheers!
Rich