Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Totally Guy Songs (warning-these lyrics may be offensive to women-butmaybe not)

Swingman wrote:

I was proud to see someone come in with one ... that way "we" got the sound
he wanted without me having to jump through hoops, and most didn't play
quite enough for the noise to matter, or the amp was noisier to start with.

Those were the only times I ever needed to gate bass DI's during live
shows for non-artistic reasons. G

Rockmans actually worked OK live for bass (which we would usually
compress anyway for hard rock & metal), but I thought the guitar
versions were a tad over compressed for live shows, they make the guitar
sound kind of plastic and lifeless. I've seen more guitar players mess
up the sound and sustain of an 80's+ Marshall (the JCM's with the
"screen" (not vinyl & piping) face) with too many effects.

I think I still have a Bass Rockman around too. It made a decent
headphone amp. My complaint about the switches comes from seeing more
than one change settings (or become suddenly silent) because a switch
didn't make properly.

But you're right... For the price? Excellent! And for the technology
of the time, very small!