Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Totally Guy Songs (warning-these lyrics may be offensive to women-but maybe not)

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
Swingman wrote:
Then he came out
with the "Rockman" processors ... one of the most brilliant folks in the
music business.

Those things were all kinds of noisy, and not very roadworthy, though.

They were noisy in the studio, for sure. I still have a bass rockman around
somewhere that hasn't seen the light of day in 20 years or more.

It's too bad they couldn't have made a "Pro" line that was less noisy
and used switches and connectors better than Radio Shack's cheapest!

Oh well ... cheap was better than the 5 grand worth of vintage tube gear it
took to emulate in the studio, and that was at 80's prices.

I was proud to see someone come in with one ... that way "we" got the sound
he wanted without me having to jump through hoops, and most didn't play
quite enough for the noise to matter, or the amp was noisier to start with.

My only personal "gadget" for the past ten years or so has been a "SansAmp"
Bass driver DI.

.... it's probably "vintage" now.

--
www.e-woodshop.net