Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hearinggloss@yahoo.com is offline

Default Plumbing problem

Hi everyone,

I redid some plumbing in my basement and it went well except for one
thing:

I can NOT get one area to stop dripping. It's a spot in a hot water
line to the shower where I joined 1/2 inch
CPVC to 1/2 inch copper. I used a male, threaded CPVC fitting into a
female, threaded copper fitting.
I used pipe dope and tightened it as much as I could. Any more tight
and it probably would break.

I have redone this fitting three times and it just won't seal, always
drips. As I said, I used pipe dope one time.
One time I used teflon tape. I was told that both of these are ok to
use in this situation.

Now, oddly enough, when I take a shower and the pipe gets good and
hot, it stops dripping.
When it cools, it starts again as if the expansion was sealing it.

I'm out of ideas.

Help?

Thanks