Posted to alt.home.repair

Default In-wall Speakers

"RML" wrote in message
news
How would a contractor install 2 in-wall speakers in an existing first
floor room (with bedroom above it)? Specifically, would the wiring be
routed inside the wall to reach the audio equipment? Maybe along the
floor? (except in my case we will be installing laminate flooring).

How costly a job is this, with me supplying the speakers and wiring?

I doubt is can be routed inside the wall going horizontal. What is below
the room? It can probably go along the floor under some trim. Even fishing
the wire above the fire stop in the wall is a daunting task. It could run
from $50 to $350 to impossible depending on construction. No one can give a
good estimate not seeing the setup.