Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
John E. John E. is offline

Default Odd 7-segment display

So, since this uses the MC14511 driver, which was designed for LED
7-segment
displays, all I have to do is provide resistors to each element and rewire
for a common-cathode LED display, right?

Right.
-- John Fields

A little clarification, please...

I'm all ready to start looking for a CC display, when I look at the data
sheet for MC14511BCP and it has example circuit hookups for both CC and CA.

I thought a driver output was for one or the other "gender", either CC or CA.

Am I reading this right? Can I use either without further need of other
configuration or circuitry? Seems too good to be true...

Thanks,
Dave
--
John English