Posted to rec.woodworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default I can't believe what I heard today...

"mrmjr" wrote in message
oups.com...
I ran into a guy today at Wal-Mart in the tool section that told me
about his friend that had been hospitalized from either a bacterial
infection or a viral infection he got from using some old lumber in
the back of his shed. I'm still a novice, but Wow! This seems a bit
far fetched. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this before?

Some guy...had a friend...that was hospitalized from an infection and the
friend of the guy said that it was due to old lumber.

I got some problems with this kind of heresy. Seems to me they would have
to culture the bugs that were infecting the guy and then trace this to the
source in order to make the connection.

Seems to me the only time this kind of thing happens is when there is a
great public health threat, and that is usually after people start dropping
dead from some strange infection.

I can only think of several cases like the mouse turd dust, Sars, or the
Ebola virus where the CDC sends out men in white coveralls and fancy
respirators to track down the vector of something nasty.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.