Posted to alt.home.repair

Default where to buy/refill portable propane tanks

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 15, 11:35 am, "Kyle" wrote:

So
when I run out at 10:00 at night in the middle of playing cards, I can
get a fresh tank without having to deal with the surly gas station
attendant down the street.

Around here (Phoenix AZ area) they apparently are not allowed to
dispense propane after sundown. At least, that is what I was told a
couple of years ago when I was trying to get a tank refilled that ran
out in the middle of a grilling session. I have no idea why not. Or
maybe the guy at the gas station was just feeling lazy that night.

Probably an insurance company or oil company anti-robbery rule- no walking
out the door after dark. Was the clerk behind plastic? He isn't gonna give
you the key to the tank cage, and you aren't allowed to take the 'empty'
tank inside for him to inspect.

aem sends...