Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default WHY CONTRACTORS COST WHAT THEY DO

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message
news

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote

The weight - that's a clue. There was a stupid deduction for big
trucks - not sure if it was phased out. The law was purchased by the
auto industry. There may still be remnants of it.

Just got back from the tax lady. IRS Section 179 governs this, and it is
in full force and effect. It is not a new law, either. Of these things
I am "sure."

Steve

OK. I'm vague on this, but there was chatter about changing the tax law,
eliminating vehicles which are clearly recreational, only purchased by
neurosurgeons for their children. Like Hummers. It was the subject of lots
of buzz last year, when gas prices were ramping up.

That is why it is a good thing to go to a pro when you want reliable advice.
We only talk things here, and that from our memories. Mine is full of
holes, and not reliable. And I'm probably in the upper half.

Steve