Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
PaulD PaulD is offline

Default Lathe applied finish

On Feb 15, 11:35 am, "Brad" wrote:
Many Pen turners including myself are using CA glue as a finish for
pens. It stands up much better than wax based finishes for items that
see considerable handling. If you want to learn more check out the
library area of the IAP:www.penturners.org/

I also am mostly using the CA and Boiled Linseed Oil (CA/BLO) approach
for pens. The durability is good and its relatively easy to do.
I've also had decent luck with Behlens Woodturner finish which is even
easier, but might not be as long lasting as the CA/BLO approach.
Either way I finish up with a wax. Carnauba is good, but Renaissance
seems to be a bit better.