Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default WHY CONTRACTORS COST WHAT THEY DO

"Goedjn" wrote

You wouldn't be allowed to deduct the whole thing in
one year, anyway. I'd have to look it up, but I'm pretty
sure that vehicals depreciate over either 5 or 7 years.

Look up Section 179. Yes, you can deduct the whole thing in one year if it
is over 6,000#. BUT, when you sell the vehicle, the value of the vehicle at
time of sale has to be determined, and compared with the depreciation
schedule to see if you get charged back for some of the original deduction.

Just got that from the CPA today, and I'm "pretty sure" of that. She used
to work for the IRS.

Steve