Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default where to buy/refill portable propane tanks

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote in message

Tim R wrote in message ...
Decided to give up the charcoal ghost and go propane. Just bought
new lp
gas grill and cart. Where's the best place to pick up a tank...and
do
most
refill their own or go to one of these swap your tank bins at
7/Eleven
or
Circle K type stores ?

Thanks, Tim

I refill my own. Most of the supermarkets where I live have locked
bins outside of their stores where you can exchange. I don't know
how much it costs to exchange an empty one for a full one, but
they're easy to have refilled.

Cheri

You actually attach a hose to your empty tank and pump more propane
into it?

No, the guy at the propane dealer does it. You walk out with the same
tank you walked in with, as opposed to the somewhat-more-expensive
tank swap stations at the quicky marts.

aem sends...

That's what happens around here (NY), but the others are saying the
customers do the actual filling. I've never seen that here, so I
wondered...

I doubt any propane dealer would allow customers to do their own filling.
the liability.the hazards.....YIKES!

(all you need is ONE clown who doesn't turn the source valve off all the
way,or smokes around the site...)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik