Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Brad Brad is offline

Default Lathe applied finish

Many Pen turners including myself are using CA glue as a finish for
pens. It stands up much better than wax based finishes for items that
see considerable handling. If you want to learn more check out the
library area of the IAP:
www.penturners.org/
Another good resource is the Yahoo penturners group. Both have
articles on different CA finishes.
Brad
HardingPens.com
On Feb 14, 7:51 pm, "Dick" wrote:
I normally spray a finish but on repair work I need something that will dry
much quicker. I was wondering what most used for a glossy finish on pens and
such things while spinning on a lathe. I've read some on wax's and such and
would like to know just what in your opinions work the best.

Dick

--
RHN Custom Billiard Cues
Building fine cues for real pool players at