Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Default WHY CONTRACTORS COST WHAT THEY DO

"B-Hate-Me" wrote in message

"Shaun Eli" wrote in message
oups.com...
You said you deducted ALL your gas, ALL your meals, all of your
truck... the general guideline is whether your meals and travel are
actually business-related. If you occasionally hire your friend, and
you two eat out five times a week, those meals aren't really a
business expense.

But I'll leave it between you, your accountant, the IRS and possibly a
judge and jury.

**** that. I take ski trips, vacations....Everything.

It's all perfectly legal..... Mostly.

This is hilarious.

Yesterday or the day before, I ran across a news article about how our
esteemed swine in Congress have found yet another way to get around the
toothless laws they passed regarding money and gifts from lobbyists. It's OK
for Lockheed or Exxon to give Senator Blowhard to Tahiti, to discuss
terrorism with various hotel bartenders. Meanwhile, someone in this
newsgroup will post probably another fourteen dozen messages, bitching about
your tax deductions, all of which are permitted, but are buried in a big fat
book.

Too bad libraries are so hard to walk into, ya know? And those
books.....full of sharp edges and germs.